Crafting Waves



This week, I focused on refining the wave system for my game. Originally, I thought it would be a simple task, but as I worked on it, I ended up adding more features than I had planned.

I spent my time within Unreal Engine's blueprint framework, adding small touches to improve the player's experience. For example, I included on-screen indicators showing the current wave, remaining enemies, and a countdown timer for the next wave. These changes made the gameplay more engaging without overwhelming players with complexity.

As I tinkered with the system throughout the week, I found myself appreciating the little details of game development. From adjusting enemy spawn rates to fine-tuning UI elements, every tweak made a difference in the overall feel of the game.

By the end of the week, I was pleased with the progress I had made. While the wave system may not be groundbreaking, it adds a bit of polish to the gameplay experience. It's these small improvements that make game development so rewarding, and I'm excited to continue refining and enhancing my game in the weeks ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Wonder Of Navigation Meshes

My boy is ALIVE!!!

Piecing Together The AOE Attack